We’re proud to announce all NEW custom mobile apps! You can share your photos with friends and family on the go!
Why it’s great for you…
When was the last time you left the house without your phone or mobile device? Probably not at all! Honestly I’d be surprised and if you did, you probably either 1) returned to your home to retrieve it, or 2) felt disconnected without it and wished you’d went back for it. There’s no way you can check Instagram, post Snaps, or tweet without it…right?
With the mobile app, you have the ability to access your senior pictures at the touch of a button. We make it fast, simple, and easy to navigate. In addition, you have the ability to keep your photos with you on the go, at all times. In other words, it’s an exciting way of blending your printed artwork with the latest technology.
Your mobile can include up your any senior photographs from your collection or purchase on your phone. If you’re like many of our seniors and bring your phone with you everywhere, this product is perfect for you!
What’s even better?
For a limited time only, you’ll receive a free custom mobile app of your favorite purchased images when you book between January 1-31. Contact us to help you begin telling your senior year story now.
Finally, we are now booking senior pictures in the Greater Houston area or around the willing to travel the world to help you tell your story <3.
School’s out and if you’re anything like my family your gearing up for your family’s summer vacation. Depending on how familiar you are with photography and taking photos, I thought I’d share a few tips on how you can capture better memories with your phone or point-and-shoot this summer.
1. Start with golden hour. An hour after sunrise or before sunset is the perfect time to get those shots with the sun as your backdrop, especially at Galveston Island. Chances are the temperature will be a lot cooler than what it’d be mid-day, even if it’s only a 5 degree difference.
2. Do yourself a favor and keep out —the sun that is. You most likely won’t want to be out in direct sun in Texas heat anyway (lol) but it’s worth noting that photos or selfies taken with the sun directly on you is a sure way to create dark and unflattering shadows on your face and body. However, if you do happen to be out during the middle of the day, find an area with open shade to get nice even light.
3. Enjoy the moment! Every photo doesn’t have to be a posed image of you or your family looking directly at the camera. I’m a believer of living in the moment and taking advantage of the unplanned moments. Candid images are some of the most memorable photos I have of my clients. Enjoy this time of your life and capture both the perfect and imperfect memories — be able to find joy and happiness in every moment.
4. Tell a joke or two. Instead of saying the cliché, “cheese!” tell a joke or two. Photos are so much better when the smiles are authentic.
5. Print your photos! No one likes sorting through tens of thousands of photos on an old laptop. What’s even worse is if the hard drive happens to crash, and you don’t have a backup of Kate’s first trip to Disney. Besides, there’ll be a beautiful and special kind of nostalgia you get when sorting through an old box of prints or album twenty years from now. With the rate smartphones are released, I doubt you’ll have this summer’s memories stored in your new phone. Read more about Why Prints Matter here.
About the Author and Photographer
Niesha Fuentes is a photographer in The Woodlands, Conroe, Jasper and surrounding areas, specializing in senior, family, and wedding photography.
Melo and Me Photography services Conroe, The Woodlands, Montgomery County, New Caney, Humble, Atascocita and Greater North Houston areas. On-location senior sessions are also booked in the southeast Texas and Golden Triangle areas, including but not limited to: Jasper, Newton, Woodville, Brookeland, Pineland, Silsbee and Beaumont, Texas.
What’s up guys?! Most of your graduation ceremonies will be held next weekend, and we figured “What better time to showcase some of our unique senior products from this season than now?!” So if you’re interested, read on.
Brittney’s senior announcements, like all of our products, were personalized with her style in mind. Her announcements featured a fun and cheerful chalkboard design and beautiful quote inside that read:
“The biggest adventure you can take, is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah
Now, you can check out photos of some of our amazing senior products from this senior portrait season below!
Senior Mini Books/Albums
In addition, Brittney also received a complimentary wallet-sized mini book to match her senior announcements. Her custom-designed mini book features 10 of her most favorite photographs. You and your parents would also be pleased to know that it doubles as a magnet, which is great for displaying on your fridge!).
In closing, we’d like you to know that we are now booking senior photo sessions. You can say “Goodbye” to bland yearbook photos, and book your creative senior portrait session this year! Call (832) 856-0923 or complete the form to get in touch.
The Class of 2017 senior portrait season is beginning to wrap up, and I’m so grateful I was able to photograph Humble High School’s student athlete Brittney. She traveled to the The Woodlands and Conroe, TX areas for her senior portraits with Melo and Me, and I really had a great time getting to know her and capturing her unique personality!
Brittney’s personality is the perfect heterogenous mixture of goofy, fun, positive, outgoing, and eccentric. She possesses a special aurora about her that reminds me of a modern day Nina Simone, with just a cup full of eclectic style. Brittney is an artist, singer, and a volleyball and track student athlete at Humble High School. Her favorite senior class is art.Are you swooning already?
When asked during the consultation, what favorite colors she likes to wear Brittney said, “Blue is my favorite color, but I like to wear out loud colors like what’d you see in the ’90s.”
What’s on Brittney’s playlist? “Tory Lanez, Erykah Badu, the Internet, Jhene, John Legend, and Drake”, just to name a few.
Brittney will be attending the University of North Texas in the Fall of 2017, as a Broadcast/Journalism major. She wants to be a Sportscaster on a major television network in the future.
Did you enjoy reading and viewing Brittney’s senior pictures as much as I did? Leave a comment or share Brittney’s session on social media.
Melo and Me Photography is now booking senior portraits in The Woodlands, Humble, TX and surrounding areas! Give me a call at (832) 856-0923 or fill out the form below to get in touch! I can’t wait to see what we can create.
I had such a great time capturing Jhané’s pictures! Jhané is a Class of 2018 senior at Energy High in Houston. She’s a great role model to her peers and participates in several clubs in and extra-curricular activities at school. Her session took place after a bout of spring showers in The Woodlands, Tx.
While moving to different locations on Market Street, she and I had some time to chat about some of her interests and future plans. She plans to attend Rice University in Houston, TX and major in Mechanical Engineering. Claw nails with different designs is one of Jhané’s favorite beauty trends right now.
Thank you for taking the time to visit the blog and view the Market Street senior pictures [portraits] in The Woodlands, TX. I capture memories in the North Houston area including, but not limited to: The Woodlands, New Caney, Conroe, Spring, Willis and more! I also travel frequently throughout the southeast Texas areas of Jasper, Beaumont, and surrounding areas in Texas.